Friday, October 31, 2014

Sweet Corn Vada Pav

                            Even on thinking about Vada Pav, I just can stop my mind(even) drooling over it. Vada Pav is known to me only few months back, so feeling very bad that I have wasted many years without knowing the taste this iconic recipe. I had my first vada pav, only when the vada pav retailer Goli, was established in my area. I just feel in love with the recipe and was not able to stop with just one. From that day onwards, I was feasted with vada pav almost daily. Adoring taste and even much more.



                                  I was like under Vada Pav addiction. Finally one day I had to stop and tried making vada pavs at home. The taste was still pleasing, and home made is always hygienic, and changes can be made according for the diet conscious too. Tried first with mixed vegetable vada pav. When potato added to any recipe, it becomes a foolproof recipe. And one day tried with these corn vada pavs, which are more healthy. Instead of oil fried vadas, I used tawa fried corn tikkis,a healthier version. This is also a foolproof recipe.




Prep Time 20 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins


Ingredients


2 nos Sweet Corn Tikkis/Cutlet

2 nos Pav Breads
As required Butter
As required Tomato Ketchup
As required Green Chutney

Procedure

  1. Take the pav breads, slice it and apply butter on both the halves.
  2. On the top pav(inward), apply some green chutney.
  3. On the bottom pav(inward), apply some tomato sauce or ketchup.
  4. Place the tikkis in between the slices.
  5. In a tawa, put some butter and place the vada pav. Toast it till golden brown on both sides.
                        The savory vada pav in easier and healthier version is done. 

                      Note:
           It is not an authentic version of vada pav, but a healthier version.





1 comment: