Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mango and Dates Milkshake(Smoothie)


                        Yes, the mango season is ON. It is really hard to find a person who hates mangoes. My amma(mother) the biggest fan of mangoes. So, whoever comes to our house during summers will be with a basket of mangoes. We all will relish our summer with these mangoes.

                       I went to my native few days back, and was very happy to see that the mango tree in my house was full of mangoes (unriped). My house is very near to river Tamirabharani, and so monkeys will be our daily visitors. Every morning we can see some monkeys sitting on the mango tree and having their breakfast. Missing my home.

                     The specialty of mango is that even kids will love it. So I thought I could make a milkshake with mango and dates as it a healthy combo. And the simple recipe for you.






       


Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time Nil

Ingredients

2 cups Mango (Chopped and Deseeded) 
4-5 nos Dates (tender ones preferred)
2 cups Milk (cold preferred)
1 tbsp Sugar (optional)


Procedure

1. Remove the seed and and chop the mango.

2. Then in a blender put the 2 cups chopped mango and dates and blend it, until smooth. 

3. Transfer it to a container and then serve it.

                  Note:

  • Refrigerate if needed.





                       

1 comment: